torsdag 1 november 2007

Drop in and say hi

It's been a full night. I got out of work early today, because the one friend I have with a car who could help me move only had two particular hours free. On his way over some guy drove into him and broke his rear taillight. Nothing major, no one hurt, cest la vie.

The moving went smoothly thereafter, didn't even have to see the roomie a last time as he was mysteriously absent. I had a bit of tea with my helper friend before he scurried off to the airport to pick up a friend. And about 20 minutes later the TV license man rings the doorbell to ask if I have a TV. "Why no, I most certainly do not. I'm new to this land, what on Earth is a TV, anyway? Where I'm from all we do is read books, pick potatoes and hunt lobster." I've been here nigh two years and never gotten a visit from the TV license people, and then I get one 1 hour after moving into the new place.

And after nigh 6 months of living at that place-which-must-not-be-named without having one single friend over, I have two over my first night at the new place. Shortly after my governmental check-up, I was on my way out to IKEA to get some things which I was in want of. Then a friend calls and we end up going to furniture Nirvana together and then he and his special lady friend came over for dinner, and we just hang out for a very relaxed evening. Which was really fantastic, just having a nice little place of my own to have the people I care about come and spend a nice night. To not feel stressed and trapped and uncomfortable all the time. There's always time for unpacking tomorrow. Or whenever.

Right now I really love that I can have people over without a second thought. So come one, come all while the feeling lasts. I will greet you with a smile at the door and offer you my couch to sleep on. It will be lovely.

2 kommentarer:

Marjolein sa...

wat een goblinnerige weblog heb je gemaakt. wat een mooie foto's! ik neem aan dat je mijn nederlands inmiddels wel kunt lezen. or shall i not remain mysterious and write in a language we share? your web logbook is nice and teeming, and the pictures capture your words.

ha, now that im here, let me ask you s'thing technical about blogspot. can you post Wordfiles? 'cause Ive been trying to attach files to my messages but cant seem to find it.

Do tell me, how're things with your Strawberry connections?

AeRoss sa...

On Wordpress you can import your posts from a Word file, otherwise you have to upload it somewhere else and post a link to it.

So when can I come over and check out my little bro's pad? When are you going to come check out mine and see your nephew and 2 nieces? You open to me flying you to Colorado when you are back in the States? :)