torsdag 11 oktober 2007

And suddenly everything changed.

Maybe I should change my fake username to Nostradamus. The day after I finish a post with the words "Come Hell highwater or flaming tarnation, things have gotta change. Soon," things changed. Or seem very close to it. This very lovely person who has suddenly bounced into my life even more suddenly offered me a solution to my retardedly horrible living situation. Here follows an excerpt from that particular MSN conversation as I currently remember it and translated from Swedish and with certain flourishes a writer is duly allowed:

Clyde: ...so, in short, out of desperation I was forced to take the first place that I was offered, which happened to be in the worst part of town with an unemployed guy who stays home drinking and farting all day in this dank hole which smells like the 5th or 6th circle of Hell marinated in raw sewage. Oh, and his kids show up on the weekends and wake me up with their savage screaming a couple hours after I have fallen asleep after working at my soul-sliming weekend job. But I try not to complain..."
Lisa: My sister is renting her place out soon. There was a couple people interested, but just today they pulled out, out of nowhere. So if you say yes now, it's yours. Interested?
Clyde: I dunno, my whole situation is more than a little complicated right now. (Clyde takes a look around him) On second thought, fuck yeah. FUCK. YEAH.

But listen, dear readers, the coincidences only pile up. I had been thinking about moving outta this country for a long time, and only a few days earlier actually told my boss this in brief. The whole living situation thing was a giant part of the reason why I've come to be completely sick of life here. I was pretty much done writing an email to my boss, detailing and reiterating my intentions of leaving the country, when I put it aside for a second to chat with Lisa, and 2 minutes later I had no intention of sending said email. 2 minutes later I had (well, probably, not set in stone yet) a nice place of my own in a better part of town, not to mention this new person who I seem to be on the same wavelength with, which is another coincidence because I've been on the look-out for such people since I came here and it wasn't until nearly two years had gone by and I decided I want to fuck right off out of here that one bumps into me at the virtual check out line. Hmp. Just at that moment, right before I sent the mail, after all the things building up to it, after all the patience and persevering and giving it more and more time, at this fairly arbitrary breaking point the break comes that could put my life in this place back on track. And then I spent a really good night with afformentioned person and a genuinely stirring film. The name of the film? Tarnation. Another part of the closing line of that post come to pass. Anyway, it's actually quite bizarre after the shape my life has been in the past 10 months or so to have multiple good things roll in at once. Even little things.

And the coinky dinks continue into day two. I had my best day at work in ages. Bosses out of office so things are more relaxed. The ring toe on my right foot has hurt for almost a week now. For no apparent reason. Anyway, this led me to go most of the day without my shoes on, going about in my mismatched socks, feeling the cold floor against the sole of my left foot through the holes in my sock. That was nice. And I got tons done. Which always leaves a fella feelin good. Just very relaxed and extremely productive. Why can’t everyday be like that? Well, if all days were good, if there were no down to remind us what up even means, would we even feel that good moment tingling against our skin? I think I’m overdue for some tingling, at any rate. Tingles or no, I've come to realize I owe it to myself and everyone here who cares about me to not let temporary difficulties make me flee with my tail between my legs before I give this place, this life, a real shot. Out come the six-shooters. How do you think my aim is?

Inga kommentarer: