måndag 15 oktober 2007

A done deal & a new idea

It is official folks, Clyde is escaping his personal nightmare and landing in a very very nice place. I move on the 1st of November. I kept thinking I was due for a break without ever believing it would come. Not only did it show up, it came in an eerily perfect package. Lordie how strange things go sometimes, how random success and failure, happiness and misery are. I think I'll stop with all that for a while and just be pleased with how things have turned out.

On to things my readers are more interested in. I've thought up an idea for doing something creative with this here blog, and want to know if anyone cares to see it happen/even reads this at all. So shout as loud as you can if you care. Here is the idea as I wrote it out earlier:

As I was sitting in a very Möllan café having lunch with a friend and some new people, finding it difficult to concentrate due to being extraordinarily tired after working all those silly weekdays and a Friday all-nighter on top of it, and having a hard time following their Swedish, my mind floated around creating bizarre little stories of its own accord. And I thought, how interesting it is that there is this completely unrelated scene unfolding in my head as they look at me here, just seeing me, here. And I came up with the idea to write a series based on moments where I’m amongst people, or wherever, and living out a life in a different world. Making them tight little self-contained stories that build on each other. Showing you what is actually going on in my head and spilling out what I actually think of what is going on around me. It would be terrifyingly honest. This could be that creative project for the blog that I was looking for. It could start in the café as I float around and discover the idea, with the objective perhaps being that I don’t want to dream away life when I have great opportunities right in front of me, like the genuinely lovely new people sitting right beside me and the chance to really learn to speak this new language. And go on to times when the mental wanderings make very good things happen. And maybe in the end Mr. Narrator learns to open his mouth and talk about them, and then real life starts to become fantastically bizarre. And things lean more and more towards fiction. But it would have to be very energetic/funny/surreal to work, to be something people want to read. The explicit honesty required is also going to be difficult. I think I can manage. It would be touchingly warm and repulsively dark. But, this will take a lot out of me, and I’d really like to know if anyone cares.

Here is a nice quote from The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by TS Elliot to set the tone:

We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown



2 kommentarer:

AeRoss sa...

I would be interested in hearing about your moments over there :) That's how I write my blog: Thoughts On The Run and have found it very helpful.

Anonym sa...

Your buddy HammDogg will be reading this blog from now on. I hope you bring lots of pictures when you come home in December. Also, I talked to Decker and you can crash here the 15th.